Monday 30 April 2012

We're in!

It's been a long ten days. That's how long it has been since I got the keys to my new place. That day and the next Kate and I were both ferrying car loads of stuff from my old house in Bar Hill to my new one. On the Friday I had a van hired. I made two trips on my own moving stuff that one middle-aged guy (but not in mid-life crisis!) could handle. Then when my 16 year finished school there was just the heavy or oversized stuff and he was a star. We got it all across in the day. The next day i took the van back at 8:30, the kids went to their mum's at 9 and Kate and I spent most of the weekend unpacking or out buying stuff the house "needed". We stopped at 4 pm on Staurday and headedfor a chinese takeaway, stopping for a couple of drinks in the local, my new local, and then back here for teh grub, a couple of bottles of vino and real fire got lit. Smashing. Just over a week later and most of the boxes have gone. Finally, the internet is connected and the house is just wonderful. They say an English man's house is his castle but this is the first time I think I'm really loving where I live. Last week I left the car at work and cycled home one night. I'd done it before in 1h 9 mnis to 1 h 15. Last thursday night I did it 1:02:45, well pleased. Now it's down to the realities. There is a leaky pipe under one of the sinks and I think, actually I'm sure there is a bird or two in the loft. Time to re-learn some DIY skills :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment