Friday 2 April 2010

That was the week that was......

.....and like other weeks it has shot by. Granted it was just a four day week, and a real four day week at that, none of this "supposed to be a four day week but being too busy to take that day off that was booked" (and loosing holiday, what a sin!). Work is busy - it's the end of the financial year and that means lots of appraisal and objectives stuff to sort out to ensure everybody gets a fair pay rise and bonus for the year. There's the Leadership Course I'm on. That's causing work in two ways. Then there's the forthcoming trip to Japan, I have n't even started working on that yet. Then's there's the projects and the team. Still, I do like to be busy at work, nothing worse than having to look for stuff to do.

With work and the kids that has not left time for much else. Managed to get the car through it's MOT. When I called the garage they said it had passed without any work, that was strange because I was sure there was a sidelight not working. However, when I got there they said that a bracket holding up the centre section of the exhaust needed welding. I booked it in for next Friday when I can cycle to work.

Beyond that I have found a little time for dating this week. "She" was away last weekend when I did not have the kids so, frustrated, I had to amuse myself working, playing the guitar, going to a garden centre and riding my bike. I saw her for a cuppa on monday early evening, which was very nice but short. Then we spoke on the phone for some time late on Tuesday. Weds her routine had changed so no gym. I went round to hers and she had traditional pies for tea, super! What a treat. Then in spite of her hatred she let me watch the footy, what a star! She got so bored of the second half (poor thing!) she went upstairs to watch the little tele. I stayed down, watched the great Arsenal fightback against Barca (finished 2-2) and drunk her daughters beer!!!!

Thursday was busy. Car to garage, cycle to work, cycle back to garage and then back into town for "Bling ya Ting", beers and JD. it was very good nigth. Some of the acts were very talented.

So, it's Good Friday. I need to find a new house to rent. I need to do loads of work this weekend which will be tough as my mum has just landed (she's watching her beloved Heartbeat just now!). I have the kids from Sat 9 am until I take Mum back to the station on Monday lunchtime, then I'll want to spend as much time as possible with the beautiful one. But, as I said, it's great to be busy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment