Saturday 17 April 2010

Dust and distortion!!!

So, my trip to Japan got cancelled due to the Icelandic volcano doust cloud that is supposed to be hanging over the country. It's been so sunny for the last few days it is hard to imagine it being up there! I'd just got through the 4-5 days before "I don't wanna go" phase and at the day before I'd got into my usual "this is gonna be good!" place. So there were mixed feelings really. A bit of sadness (but the whole trip will probbably happen in May sometime) but some joy that in this beautiful weather I will get to spend extra time with the people around me that I love to spend time with. However, the dowside is that I will not get a weekend with the kids in the next 10 days due to other people's plans already made and the lack of a desire to change them. So for most of today (Saturday) I'm on my own.

There is only one thing to do in that case really (well once I've fed the OCD by cleaning the house!). That is to go and spend money I don't really have. Today I acquired locally (at t'interweb prices) a lurverly Boss Ds-1 distortion pedal. So I finally enter the land of foot-controlled guitar effects. I'm very much into the Chili Pepper's Otherside and as that has a nice distorted solo it's getting a bit of a hammering today. Hope the neighbours like it!

This week I have been told that I'm too negative all the time (there's an irony!) and that I have a bit of a dark side regarding my temper. I am aware that both of those are true to some extent but now I'm starting to wonder if there is more to them than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment