Friday 2 November 2012

David Baldacci - Zero Day

First Baldacci that I've read. I actually spotted this on the Amazon Daily Deal and thought it was something Kate might enjoy. We read it at about the same, although she started first I managed to just beat her to the line, moohahah!!!!

And a good read it was, we both enjoyed it, in her case some much so that has moved directly onto another story by the same author, and whilst I'll certainly read more of his I prefer to mix things up a little more!

John Puller is a bit of an ex-army James Bond - Lee Childs kinda guy who is sent to investigate the murder of an army intelligence officer and his whole family. One of things I liked about this book was it was n't at all obvious who had done it until right at the end, in fact, I did n't even know who to suspect the author kept his cards so close to his chest.

However, it was well written. Puller is an engaging and believable character. The plot roled along nicely and continually with barely a boring moment and the ending was well executed.


At £0.79, it sat nicely with my northen beliefs of value ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment