Thursday 24 May 2012

Forty-four!

Yep, there goes another birthday, and apparently, I'm 44 now. Never really been hung up on age. Turning 30 and even 40 was never a problem, but I am starting to get a little apprehensive about being fifty, even though it is still six years away!!! Does age matter? Maybe! Of course we all change physically and mentally. Physically, I laughed out loud this week when I did my regular run more than minute faster than I did last week, when I was 43 ;-) My wonderful girlfriend of well over ayear now is five old years younger then me ....... maybe I am having that mid-life crisis - not! So as a 44 year old man what do I really want from my life this year? I'd like to be a little fitter, sure, maybe loose a cm or two off the old waisteline but there are n't many guys in their mid-forties who can't say that. I'd like to great hpotos of the people and landscape around me and I'd like more time to enjoy riding my bike, on and off road. What else, well, having moved to Warboys I now live just round the corner from my amazing wonderful girlfriend but I want more. I now have the 5 bedroomed house waiting for her to move into, but she has a 6 year old and 9 nine year old who need time to get their heads around things. My kids maybe need a little more time because they don't know Kate and her fsamily as well as I do. It will happen though, things are moving in the right direction :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment