Tuesday 19 February 2013

Water

Pictures to follow!!

I’ve met a few people over the years who sat they are drawn to water. Many of us say we don’t drink enough water, many of us are drawn to lakes, rivers or the seaside to enjoy leisure time. The other day when it was cold and bright I spent an enjoyable lunchtime walking down by the river in Cambridge. When I moved down from Scotland in 2002, it literally took me years to get over not being close to the mountains. My house was 40 minutes drive away from Loch Lomond. I walked nearly 50 of the Munro’s (and a pretty select 50 too!!) and then seriously got into landscape photography and the lochs played a big part in my foreground interest.
 
But over the last few years I have come to realise that Cambridgeshire is a rather wonderful place to live. From the city itself through to St Ives, Wimpole Hall, Ely, Fen Drayton Nature reserve, St Neots, Paxton pits and even up to the coast at Hunstanton. There is lots to enjoy and little to complain about, and I don’t ……………….. anymore!
These pictures were taken on a lovely lunchtime walk along the River Cam. Even urban cityscapes can come to life with a bit of the wet blue stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment