Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow!!! (and the rest of the weekend's fun!!)




Interesting weekend it's turning out to be! Last night saw quite a heavy snowfall. I was up in Warboys for the night but had to be back for the kids at 9 am. Once it started getting heavy I went and moved the car form the untreated downhill estate road onto the flatter main road in the village, a good idea I think (especially given the two bottle of wonderful Jacob's Creek that Kate and I shared last night!). This morning I decided that an extra early start was required in order for a safe journey home. Inspite of it looking a little unsafe, especially on the snowy downhill section into Huntingdon, I made it back to Bar Hill pretty much ok. The hilly ringroad was still quite snowy and I was concerned that I might not make it up the hill withuot getting stuck, but I gave it some extra juice and things were fine. Once I got off that bus route and onto my estate road the real fun began and after I'd got stuck a couple of times and dug myself out only to get again stuck again rather quickly, I dumped the car (only about 100 m from home!) and walked the rest of the way.

This morning Chloe and I were out building a snow man and having a snowball fight. this afternoon she was back out with her brother.

On Friday night, after a relaxing day following my 7 am touchdown from Heathrow, we had a second viewing of a house. Robin and chloe came and Kate and her kids were there to give a second opinion. The house is quite wonderful. It's very large and spacious with 5 big bedrooms (the main bedroom is very generous and even the fifth bedroom is 9" x 6.9") and there is an ensuite to the main bedroom too. The kitchen is large and modern with a utility room and dining room and there is a garage and decent sized back garden. I think the further away form Cambridge and Huntingdon you go there more you get for your money. The owner has already moved back to Wales and is keen to do a deal and as I have no chain I think it could be game on. What are the catches? Well there is a main road not too far away from the back garden and after a first viewing on a quiet saturaday morning we purposely decided the second viewing must be in rush hour, it was noisier but no too bad. I probably won't be home too much during rush hour anyway and as the noise reduction from the double glazing is excellent it would only be an issue if the windows were open. It also has oil fired heating but there is gas available in the village so I'll need to factor that in when I make an offer, tomorrow!! ;-) :-)

I also got more tropical fish this weekend, four beautiful blue Guppies, which seem very happy in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment