Monday 27 February 2012

Live Wire by Harlan Coben


Again, mostly read on a plane! I like Harlan. He is fast turning into one of my favorite authors. Such easy reading with good storylines and interesting characters. This was the first of the Myron Bolitar novels that I have read and I have to say I found the characters, along with the sidekicks Wyn, Esparanza and Big Cindy all quite intriguing. The story starts with a shocking post on Facebook (welcome to the 21st century) and ends up with a deep understanding of how a reclusive rockstar with a penchant for young girls ended up killing one of them accidentally, the resulting cover-up, blackmail and eventual deaths that follow. What I loved about the end of this is that although it is written from the point of view of Myron, the whole endgame is dominated by Wyn and he takes no prisoners. Myron does n’t know what is about to happen next.

Although this book gets very mixed review on Amazon I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment