Monday 9 January 2012

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quite a while ago I'd downloaded the Kindle app to my iphone and started reading this but picked it up as the first book I read on my new Kindle. It is a classic and when it was written I'm sure it was nothing like anything before and it has led to whole series of rip-off's of course (I'm thinking Twilight right now!). On top of its innovative nature (at the time of publishing) it is well written and the story is strong of course. I found the olde worlde text charming and at time amusing ..... " once they returned the house and Mrs Harker had done her toilet they began the conference..." - hilarious!! On the down side I thought the climax took too long to come (!!!) and was weak in the end (again !!!). On saying that I did finish it at about three in the morning when I really should have been sleeping and probably did not have all my faculties around me!

Great book, everybody should read it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment