Thursday 29 September 2011

..... and then it was done !!!

Yesterday the Decree Absolute dropped through my letterbox. People had told me that it would be quite an emotional day and that I would shed a tear or two, whatever. That was n’t the way it was for me. I think because the last couple of years of my marriage things were deteriorating and then it has been two weeks short of two years since I left the family home, I’d got past all of the upset. Instead, with the time it has taken for things to resolve themselves to this point, where I am divorced and my financial responsibilities to the children are my only monthly outlay beyond looking after myself, it had worked itself out of my system. I did temporarily feel a slight twang of guilt, for not feeling remorseful, but quickly kicked that into touch.

It was a wonderfully sunny and warm September day yesterday and I was due on the golf course after an early finish at work but on my way I popped home to get changed and found the post. A quick 9 holes and dinner with friends was followed with me dropping into the shop for bubbly and chocolate on my way round to Kate’s to celebrate, which we did in big style!

No comments:

Post a Comment