Wednesday 22 August 2012

My Kinda town......

I like where I live very much (now, but we'll come back to that later!). I recently moved further out from Cambridge where I work to Warboys, which is just a few miles north of St Ives and Huntingdon. If the only important thing in deciding where to live was where I liked then I would have moved to St Ives. I love the town. It has a wonderful atmosphere and the river running through it and bridges help to make it really pretty. I stopped off there the other evening to take a few photos and have a walk around and noticed just how many pubs and restaurants there are. I've now counted at least 5 pubs, including The Tap Room, our favourite. It was a really busy place come 8 pm on a Tuesday night, a bit like a seaside town, buzzing. It was suggested to me that this is bacuase of the people who tie up in there boats overnight ....... quite possibly. I first met my wonderful gorgeous gf on the bridge by the Dolphin Hotel so that will always hold special memories for us. First date was in the little cake / coffee shop overlooking the river and the second was a picnic just a short walk the other side of the hotel. Have I always liked living here .... in Cambridgeshire ...... no!! When I first moved down from Scotland and being a Yorkshireman at heart I really, really missed the hills. I used to love to walk them and photograph them and even just look at them as I drove past. It has taken me the best part of ten years but now I can say at last that I really love living here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment