Friday 15 June 2012

And that was the week that was!

Busy one at that. It culminated today when I had to present to our company's global Chief Medical and Scientific Officer. He was the head of all research at GSK and then took over the Bill and Miranda Gates foundation before joining us. He was, is, a great guy though and was genuinely excited by what I (we) had to present to him today on his first visit to Cambridge. This week has also been about the footy as well though. England drew with France 1-1 at the Euro Championships on Monday and tonight beat Sweden 3-2, as I ate strawberries and drank cider, as you do :-) On Tuesday I, we, spent 7 hours in a cubicle at Addenbrooks with a little person awaiting an endoscopy, which did n't turn out well :-( On the plus, I side managed to ride to work this week on two consecutive days, first time since moving out here to the sticks! First day was very hard coming home as I was low on food. The second was surprising much easier, probably thanks to the pub lunch, and I managed the 19 miles back in 59 minutes. Pleased :-) And tomorrow ....... the seaside!!! Lowestoft, fresh salty air and a Mr Whippy, with luck. Hopefully, next week will be quieter. I'm telling myself that I've managed to talk my bosses out of me going to Japan in July. Am I kidding myself? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment