Friday 25 November 2011

Juggling ...... at Christmas

Christmas is the most wonderful time of year, with time spent with loved ones, presents, food, alcohol and a good few days off work. However, before all that can start there is the juggling ...... where will you go, who will you invite, for when exactly?

The last two years I have not had my kids overnight on Xmas Eve, in fact last year I spent Xmas Eve and Xmas morning on my own until I picked the kids up from there mum's at lunchtime and we went across to my brothers. So, this year I was realy looking forward to havnig the three little scallywags here for Xmas night. However, it seems No 1 son will be going to his girlfriends, which came as a nasty shock. I emailed him back and suggested he might spread himself around a bit so me and his mum might get to see at least a little of him but no, he does n't want to split his day 3 ways. So, after much grinding of teeth and then some wise words from the very clever (as well as very beautiful) Kate, I texted him to tell him to do what he wanted and it would be fine. I did n't mean it of course, I did invite him and his gf but it seems her offer is better than ours :-(

I'm still waiting to hear if my brother, sister-in-law and nephew might be coming over on Friday 23rd / Saturday 24th. If they do Mum might be around, and as said gf has not meet them there might be more chance of Tom and her coming over. Xmas Eve and morning the kids are with me and then when I drop them off I'll be driving to Lowestoft as I've had a very kind invite from Kate's parents to join all of them for dinner. I'll be just about ready for a glass of something alcoholic by then :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment