Thursday 30 June 2011

It's all about the tone.......

I treated myself the other day. Call it a replacement or a late birthday present or a bonus present, whatever, I'm convinced I deserved it ;-)

Until about March of this year I owned a rather nice small (5 w) valve amp which I "played" through a Marshall 2 x 12 1936 cab with Celestion vintage speakers. it was nice but it was really loud. The tone was really good but it was basic with a lack of controls. I lived in a terrace house and that time it did not seem as if I would soon move to the lovely detached place I'm in now. So, I sold it.
Months later I'm a valve amp owner again. After much research and trying stuff out locally (I hate playing in public, especially guitar shops!) I ordered a Hayden 15 w Mini Mofo with a Vox 1x12 cab fitted with a Celestion Greenback. This thing rocks! The tones are lovely and there is lots of control, so much so that I don't think I've scratched the surface yet!

To top it all off it looks great. There were other options that sounded great but looked awful !!! I'd post a picture but really, it is all about the tone, well nearly ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment