Saturday 16 October 2010

Memories of ........ seeing the light







When I was younger, not that much younger, I used to see the light a lot more than I do now. I'm not suggesting early onset Alzheimer's is kicking in or anything like that but just that I used to appreciate the environment, the light and the landscape a lot more.

When I lived in Scotland one of my passions used to be landscape photography. It was easy when I lived 40 minutes drive away from Loch Lomond, two hours from Glencoe and less than four hours from the Isle of Skye. I aslo had a passion for hill-walking, which I miss. I loved being in an amazing (probably well researched) location before dawn (often after a 2 hour drive!) when it was quiet and it was really possible to feel like the only person in the world and at one with the landscape. I often went alone but for a while shared this passion with a neighbour, Mike, with whom I also shared a sense of humour which made for great trips.

Above is a taster of the picture I used to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment